SB-1

SB-1 "Detroiter" first flew on 25 January 1926 on a demonstration flight from Selfridge, MI.  It was a streamlined, fully enclosed cabin biplane with seating for 4 and was initially powered by a Wright Whirlwind J4, 9 cylinder, 788 cu in engine developing around 215 to 220 hp, it was the first Wright engine to use the “Whirlwind” moniker. 

The success of the SB-1 allowed for Stinson to secure the capital necessary to incorporate the Stinson Aircraft Corporation on 4 May 1926 and acquire his first production facility at Northville, MI later that year.

© 2023 by Name of Site. Proudly created with Wix.com